Monday 27 February 2012

LFW 2012

The Saturday of London Fashion Week - unfortunately the only day I could get to due to prior engagements - saw Somerset house predictably full of hot babes, photographers and fashionistas a plenty.


Didn't get to any shows but the NEWGEN collection was great - particularly the beaut Christopher Kane model, Grace Veenman.





I also very much liked the millinery work of one William Chambers. His hats and fascinators were fabulous - featuring leather flowers, the style of which reminded me of the factory I went to in New York, M&S Schmalberg (http://afingo.tumblr.com/post/12196347367/afingo-tours-m-s-schmalberg-fabric-flower-factory).

I was also impressed by Bank jewellery designers. I had never seen pieces like them, which I think is an impressive feat for jewellery ranges. There were some animals and anchors and normal things like that, but also some beautiful rings. My favourite were probably these tiny ships in tubes. 



The Antipodeum Salon Show in the Embankment Gallery Showcase was great. Geoffrey J Finch outdid himself with these slick cuts and range of fabrics, including fur and plastics. 


All in all, a fun, buzzy and well executed event that makes one proud of London's fashion - with Somerset House being the perfect location for the reams of photographers and bloggers and press and models and fashionista types.