Monday 30 July 2012

Radio preferences

I love Radio 4 but it just seems to be people constantly moaning at the moment. 
The “Graduate Special” the other day was ludicrous. Some graduate-lings talking about not getting replies to emails or feedback to job applications. Forgive me, scoffing at your naivety but the sooner you stop being so weedy, the sooner you will be in my position - a cynical radio listener scoffing at the next round of graduates.  
And don’t get me started on Olympic feed back ... people moaning about queues for food! When do you not have to queue for food? Whether it is to receive someone’s mother’s fish pie or at a fast food emporium. I mean, Olympically-speaking I am impressed. The opening ceremony looked good to me. I like the English ability to laugh at one’s self - although I agreed that the rest of the world must think we are completely bonkers. To be honest the fact that none of those cycling birds fell over will keep me going throughout the inconveniences of the next month. 
If you want something a little more upbeat, switch occasionally over to ABS80s. Absolute 80‘s, which will “keep you up to date” - as IF that would be your radio station of choice if you wanted to stay on top of your world issues. The funniest bit about the station is their “no repeat guarantee”. True, no song is played more than once a day, but come midnight it is exactly the same songs, day after day. Still good though.